Wednesday, September 01, 2004

WORSHIP, COMMUNITY, AND FELLOWSHIP WITH THE TRINITY


All I really want to do is engage in worship with others who just want to go as long as they find life in it, usually a couple hours. And then move as the Spirit moves, not forcing anything on anyone. And it doesn't need to be loud and all pumped, just simply opening ourselves to the Presence, in the quiet. If I could find a group of people, and able musicians, who would want the same thing, I guess, for myself, that would "ignite the fountain" and feed me so I can live and work. I need that collective manifestation of worshipful longing and surrender, tender expression of passion, and receptivity to the wind of the Spirit.

Right now, it's all basically framed within a time slot, although at times, I've been in places where the people wanted the Presence more than the ministers, and for different reasons. Elaborating a program of "emergence" is just as human as the old order, I think we need to frame what we are exploring in a way where we 're-interpret' the traditional and mainstream Church in a new light to come out with an action plan. But if our reference is always the Church and how we can make it different, we should not forget that our reference should actually the heart of God as revealed in Jesus.

What I want to know is not how I can love my neighbour, or die to my self, because that is already a journey I'm on, and will be for life. What I need to see happen, what I'm trying to see articulated at last, is how I can "fit together with others," gathered around the Trinity, willing to meet them in those gatherings, cemented in a dynamic way by the bonds of love, as rudimental as it can be at times, to create a community, a social manifestation of the kingdom of God. We'll still need structures of government, concerted contribution of various giftings, sharing of projects and resources, or not.

For sure, we'll be putting things into words, write books, develop over time a definition of what it should look like. But ultimately, as the Studio will reveal in a very fascinating way, I'm sure, it's how we work it out, what we do when our enthousiasm meets the others' limitations, and vice-versa.

I believe that the very effort of trying to collectively articulate church is in itself the best we can do to honour God's heart desire for us to make room for the King and His kingdom, allowing others to be sweeped by the centrifugal force of a band of believers willing to grow. The "form" will take care of itself, and will be "regionally flavored." The core of it, though, nay!, the vibrancy of integral and intelligent passion, will become a node that will carry the signal and connect with other nodes from place to place in the spirit, and socially, and will illuminate a path for those who seek Life.

As an aside, France has decreed that any outward sign of religion will be outlawed, from the muslim veils to crucifixes, beards and bandanas, etc. Soon, it will be illegal to have any recognizable material signs promoting your own particular faith.

Here is a previous link about it:

http://www.voices-unabridged.com/article.php?id_article=55&numero=2

Watch the news tonight and you'll hear about it. School starts tomorrow in France...

That's an interesting step. I do not believe they could or would ban acts of kindness...

It's a process... and I'm getting a cramp ... ;O)

Andre

No comments: